Thursday, September 14, 2006

Mother Birn Makes A Visit

My mother decided to make a visit last night. My mother, tired of eating out at local chain restaurants, came over for her first home cooked meal of the month. We made her a delightful dinner of spaghetti and meatballs in my lovely tomato sauce with a lovely arugla salad. For desert we served her Janna brownies with ice cream and a delightful chocolate sauce. A good time was had by all.
Mother Birn smiles at the thought of shopping with Janna or perhaps she's smiling at the thought of spending time with Seamus. Either way, she appears happy.
What remains of the spaghetti.
Don't our meatballs look lovely? They're so moist and wonderful.
Janna prepares desert.
Yummo, don't you wish you were at the Birn's last night? Well, you weren't and we weren't allowing uninvited individuals to partake in our desert. So all you uninvited masses stay away until such time as you receive an invitation.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, dude, but meatballs just aren't photogenic. I'm sure they taste great, but you can't take a good picture of meatballs. The brownies, though...

Hey, are those like the meatballs they had in Italy? You know? Meatballs?!

Anonymous said...

That ice cream looks like Mickey Mouse's head. I'm just saying...

Anonymous said...

Oh, yummy. Don't worry, I don't think we would just show up for dinner. I guess you never know....And, what a cute mom you have.

Anonymous said...

PS- That reminds me I still want to have you guys for dinner....someday....SOON! I promise!

Penumbra said...

We all deserted the dessert in the desert.

Mrs. P said...

Mmmm... dessert... want some... now... I'll just walk in on dinner some night. JANNA will be glad to see us...

Anonymous said...

yum~ I must say Janna brownies are delicious!!!

I'm glad you like univited guests. :-)