Tuesday, May 08, 2007

An Amusing E-Mail

Seamus has taken to sleeping on the floor in our room at night. It's a welcome change for everyone but Janna. I have no problem having the dog in the room at night, if anything I know that if some criminal sneaks into the house Seamus will be right there to defend me. He won't defend Janna but at least I'll be protected. The dog is more than welcome to sleep on the floor in our room, and in a year or two perhaps he'll sleep in Stuart's room if the child so requests. Children aren't welcome in our room but sweet little Irish Terrier's are.

In any event, I received the following e-mail from Janna yesterday, tis very amusing:

So your ridiculous animal when bananas when you left today. He kept running all over up stairs, coming into our room to nudge me, going back to the top of the stairs, coming back to nudge me again, running crying back to the top of the stairs, more nudging (cold nose, btw),then changing it up and running to the window (which he has figured outis the ultimate window of despair, in that he can watch you leave from it), and generally freaking out. When your car was out of sight he began his usual frantic pacing of the upstairs, clearly worried about what would happen now, as if this weren't normal. He finally calmed down 5 minutes later and is currently dozing on his blanket and giving me dirty looks anytime I dare come into the room. I'm telling you, this animal thinks that room is his now and he's gradually going to take it over.

Anyway, you have a perfectly ridiculous animal. But at least said animal is very fond of you.

6 comments:

Mrs. P said...

Cyanide... Strychnine... Arsenic...

steveandjanna said...

He's a nice dog and Stuart will have a wonderful playmate once he bothers to show up. How you can like the dangerous baby eating dingo and not Seamus is beyond me.

NPE said...

I like Seamus as well. If he lived here he could sleep ON our bed between Sam and Sedgwick.

Loretta said...

he is a ridiculous animal, and a lot more than that.

Mark said...

Some sad day in the near future, lil' Stu is going to get his hands on a big ol' butcher's knife, and poor Seamus is going to be viciously stabbed 22 times. It's remarkable what a newborn can do.

Anonymous said...

I find that dogs are like their owners. If the owner is a questionable person you best question the dog!