Saturday, May 12, 2007

So Stuart Arrives

Stuart was born yesterday at 7:11pm via emergency C-Section. Since everyone I've talked to has asked, he weights 6 lbs 11oz. I don't know why everyone cares but they do. In any event, Janna is fine and so far as I know she's sleeping over at St. Mary's.
Apparently they knocked Janna out, so she didn't actually see Stuart after he was born. I was the first to visit with him and thankfully a nurse was kind enough to take the above picture. Notice the look of terror on the boy's face while looking at me.
And here we have a picture of the lovely family, though let's all be honest that Janna looks completely out of it. Poor thing. In any event, all is well and in that we have been blessed. The scripture passage from our wedding was quite appropriate. Psalm 46:1 reads "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." In any event, we would appreciate your prayers for a quick recovery for Janna.

5 comments:

Mrs. P said...

I am SO thankful for the safe arrival. It's so scary to think that 100 years ago Janna probably wouldn't have made it. God is so gracious!

And, having reviewed Joy's pics on Flikr, I think that this adorable boy looks like his mama. Time will tell.

Congratulations!

Mark said...

Meh, I've seen better.

Kidding, congratulations. He's really something. Glad Janna's doing well, too.

Rachel said...

Congratulations!!! Janna, I had a c-section with my first (unplanned, but not quite emergency), so if you want to talk, let me know! I can get you my phone number somehow. I'm definitely praying for a quick and uncomplicated recovery!

Grace said...

Congratulations!!

Tim and Lanette said...

Congrats, he is very adorable, we're very glad to hear that both mother and baby are healthy.