Saturday, April 28, 2007

2007 NFL Draft

The image “http://www.caseworksintl.com/WebProducts/images/NFL%20LOGO.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Today is the first day of the NFL draft and probably the most important day of the NFL offseason. ESPN shows the entire draft and each year I find myself watching at least part of it. It's fascinating watching each team try to put the last piece of their puzzle together via the draft. It's also fun watching the Lions blow yet another draft, for the fourth time in five years they've drafted a wide receiver in the first round, the morons. Seamus could make better draft picks than Matt Millen.

This year is the first year that Janna has watched the draft, in fact I think it's safe to say she didn't know about it until she met me. Janna knows nothing about the teams that are drafting players, she knows none of the players being drafted and she knows next to nothing about the game of football. Nevertheless, about two hours into the draft Janna turned to me and said "I blame you." I of course wondered what she was blaming me for. She informed me that she couldn't stop watching, the draft it seems was utterly fascinating to her. Apparently she enjoyed the drama of it all, never mind she doesn't know about anything that's going on. That said, she is enjoying watching former Notre Dame Quarterback Brady Quinn drop from a sure fire top 10 pick to, at this time, not yet drafted. Got to love Miss Janna.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we have a non-sports or Seamus related post please?

steveandjanna said...

What in the world else is there to talk about?

Anonymous said...

Oh,I don't know...Janna and Stewart? Thew latest gourmet food you've made?
Other randomness?