Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Years Eve

We spent New Years Eve at Van Andel Arena watching the Griffins. They played someone called the Iowa Chops and as you can see their logo is that of one very angry looking pig. If I were that pig, I would be angry with the way my team played. The Griffins smoked the Chops 6-0. Jimmy Howard looked great in net, dare I say better than Chis Osgood has looked in Detroit.
Stuart loves him some hockey. He watches the game and especially enjoys big hits, pucks hitting the glass and anyone falling down. He behaves himself as well, there were some empty seats around us so we sat him down in his own seat. He especially enjoyed this, getting to sit in a big boy seat. Now we have to transfer that to church. So far he sits through about a third of it in his own seat. We're hoping for more before Vivian is born. I'm not going to get excited over his sitting at the Griffins game transfering to sitting at church. He can make noise and jump around at the Griffins game, if he does that at church there will be tears and none of them will be mine or Janna's.
Stuart has a Wings jersey that is a couple sizes too big for him. He wore it anyway of course. And yes, Janna also wore a jersey last night. It was blackout night for the Griffins last night and fans were encouraged to wear black. Not many did but in the spirit of team support both Janna and I did. I wore my 2002 Steve Yzerman Team Canada black third jersey and Janna wore my Anson Carter Bruins jersey from a few years ago. AC is to this day one of my favorite former Spartans. He captained the team back in the mid 90's. Anyway, hope everyone had a nice New Years. May God be will you all during this upcoming year.

No comments: