Sunday, August 10, 2008

Downtown GR

It's been a beautiful weekend here in GR so on Saturday we decided to head downtown for a little walk. Stuart was of course thrilled to see something other than our neighborhood.
We went to see the new hotel, which really isn't all that special. It's nice for Grand Rapids and all but let's face facts, it's a small town hotel. Nicer than the Days Inn but it doesn't hold a candle to any of the three star hotels in Chicago or New York.
We got to see my old apartment building. This December it will be four years since I lived there. I held my first party there, an election night extravaganza. Janna was actually there that night, she brought Tiramisu. We would laugh at and scoff at what she brought that night, it was little more than whipped cream, coffee and ladyfingers. No rum at all. But it was good back then. Ray stayed until 2am, declaring that he wanted to see 'his President' re-elected. I remember thanking God 2004 wasn't a repeat of 2000, Ray would have camped out in front of my television for a month. Fun times. Sadly there isn't anything else to share from the weekend. Stuart behaved at church today and we generally did nothing. Things will pick up a couple weeks from now I suspect.

No comments: