Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Dog Park

We took Seamus to the dog park the other day. Seamus loves to run around with the other dogs, he spends a good 30 minutes running around and as a result he does nothing but sleep for two days. Not a bad move on our part.
We did not take Deirbhile to the dog park because she doesn't get along with other dogs. We are currently calling her Squirrelface because yesterday she killed a squirrel. I caught her gnawing on the lifeless rodent. I don't know how she got the darn thing, nor can I figure out how she killed it. There wasn't any blood. In any event, I buried the squirrel and I'm sure at some point either myself or whoever buys this place from us will dig a hole for a plant and find the remains of a squirrel. Fun times.
Stuart didn't quite know what to make of all the dogs, after all they didn't look anything like his puppies. It occurred to me after we got home that he's really only been exposed to Irish Terriers. There were a number of different breeds and mutts at the dog park, all very interesting for Stuart.
Stuart's love of dogs won out though and he enjoyed watching them run around. The dog park is great fun, if anyone has a dog I highly recommend going.

1 comment:

Loretta said...

ha, your last paragraph sounded like a book report! where are pictures from stuart's birthday?