Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Janna!

The image “http://www.halloween-mask.com/morris/halloween_mask_10042004/old_lady_with_scarf_90752_mor.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Today is Janna's 26th birthday. God has blessed her with life and salvation in the Lord. Who could ask for more. We'll be giving thanks unto God today by reading Psalm 26 as a family. I think this tradition of reading a birthday Psalm was stolen from the Lanning's, who no doubt stole it from someone else. I'm sure someone can trace it to the Reformation or something or other. I frankly don't care where it came from, it's an opportunity to thank the Lord for each year of life through the Psalms.

In any event, happy birthday old lady! We know in spirit you're much older than 26. :)

Psalm 26

Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.

For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.

I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers.

I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked.

I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O LORD:

That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

LORD, I have loved the habitation of thy house, and the place where thine honour dwelleth.

Gather not my soul with sinners, nor my life with bloody men:

In whose hands is mischief, and their right hand is full of bribes.

But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.

My foot standeth in an even place: in the congregations will I bless the LORD.

4 comments:

reformyea said...

Your blog brings me entertainment. You must be one of the most annoying, arrogant and mean spirited people alive. I'm sure you are a great lawyer. I pity your wife but wish her a happy birthday.

steveandjanna said...

Oh yes, poor Janna. Do pity her. Poor dear laughs at every single post, but do pity her.

reformyea said...

Ha, Ha, Ha!!! I have never met you but I'm guessing you are short. I'm betting there is some sort of Napoleon complex going on here. Hey, you are one of the lucky guys that have a wife that enjoys your critical humour! We should all be so lucky! Praise God little man!

steveandjanna said...

I always enjoy pop-psychology mumbo jumbo. How any Christian can buy into pop-psychology is beyond me.